As you may have noticed, I missed last week’s blog post … the first one in 160 weeks!
Why? Because I’ve been immersed in all of the new electronic equipment and software that we’re bringing online in order to produce the next generation of RW resources. Over the past two weeks I’ve:
- Learned how to build online courses on Pathwright , our new web-based learning management system
- Brought three new computers online and trained our staff how to use them
- Synchronized our remote staff through “the cloud”
- Set up a complete in-house filming studio
- Learned how operate a professional quality video camera, sound system, and teleprompter
- Began to use some superb film editing software (here’s my first promotional video )
- Researched the “Fair Use Doctrine” to ensure that we use others’ film clips properly
Who says you can’t teach an old dog new tricks!
It’s been mentally challenging to engage so much new technology in such a short period of time, but also extremely stimulating. More importantly, we are now positioned to produce a new generation of educational resources at a fraction of what it would cost to hire an outside production team.
We are now focusing on completing the new study guide and video scripts for our foundational course, Discovering Relational Wisdom 2.0, which will be available in three formats: an interactive twenty-four-lesson online course, a twelve-week small group study (and Sunday school curriculum), and a full-day seminar.
Lord willing, we’ll complete filming in March and launch the online course in April. If it turns out well, we will then move on to producing a series of elective courses that will focus on specific relational topics, such as marriage, parenting, the workplace, peacemaking, witnessing and missions … to name just a few.
The next three months will be a sprint, so we would deeply appreciate your prayers for God’s guidance and favor on these efforts, and also that he would clear up a cough I’ve had since Christmas.
Oh yes, I do plan to write the last post in the “habits” series this week, which you will hopefully see Monday morning … that is if I’m not tangled up in some new technological issue!
– Ken Sande
Permission to distribute: Please feel free to download, print, or electronically share this message in its entirety for non-commercial purposes with as many people as you like.
© 2016 Ken Sande
Would you like to receive future posts like this? Subscribe now !