This is a representative sample of the thousands of articles on the internet regarding emotional intelligence, also known as EI or EQ (emotional quotient), in a wide variety of venues, including the workplace, sales, education, healthcare, the military, politics, and diplomacy. Here are the categories of articles:
- Key Studies of EI 
- History of EI 
- EI and the Brain 
- EI Coaching 
- EI in Business and Workplace 
- EI in Leadership 
- EI for Pastors and Churches 
- EI for Missionaries 
- EI for Church Planters 
- EI in Politics and Diplomacy 
- EI in Healthcare 
- EI in Education (including Social Emotional Learning) 
- EI in Marriage and Family 
- Workplace Impact of Family Conflict 
- EI for Millennials 
- EI in Military 
- EI for Lawyers 
- EI in Law Enforcement 
- EI for Financial Planners 
- EI and Firefighters 
- EI and First Responders 
- EI in Construction Industry 
- EI in Athletics and Sports 
- EI in Jails and Prisons 
- EI and Conflict Resolution 
- EI Globally 
- Negative Aspects of EI 
- Critiques of EI 
- Miscellanesous  (Gender, Weight, Martial Arts)
Key Studies on Value of EI
- University College London Proves Life Skills Beat Academic Knowledge  (April 13, 2017)
- Emotional Intelligence: Boosting Your Emotional Quotient  (May 17,2016)
- Six Seconds – Emotional Intelligence and Success  (March 25, 2016)
- Six Seconds Publishes New Research Findings from Multi-Year Study at FedEx That Links Emotional Intelligence to Increased Performance and Quality of Life  (Jan. 20, 2014).
- Major Study on Bottom-Line Profitability of EI (Nov. 13, 2013): A new study entitled “Leadership and Emotional Intelligence: The Keys to Driving ROI and Organizational Performance”  that describes the usefulness of EI in terms of developing leaders, shaping organizational culture and impacting financial performance.
- Six Seconds: The Case for Emotional Intelligence*:  A list of studies that have shown that EQ predicts leadership effectiveness, sales, customer service, financial well-being, career progression, academic achievement, health, relationships, and positive behaviors.
History of EI
- People-with-higher-emotional-intelligence-are-better-decision-makers  (Nov. 20, 2013): Provides brief history of EI and its impact on decision making capabilities
- The Third Decade of Emotional Intelligence  (May 29, 2013): Summary of the development of emotional intelligence from 1990, which has included a decade of discovering the meaning of EI, a decade of analytical validation, and now moving into a decade of practical application in science and practice in schools, businesses, government agencies, and healthcare organizations.
EI and the Brain
- Multitasking Damages Your Brain and Career  (Oct. 8, 2014, Forbes)
- Anything Happening in the Neurosciences? (March 13, 2014): Excellent article by Ed Welch from the Christian Counseling and Educational Foundation cautioning us on how we accept recent studies on the brain.
- Why Focus is the Key (Oct. 27, 2013): Dan Goleman explains why the brain is most efficient when we learn to focus our thoughts
- Six Seconds: Are We Wired for Empathy?* : Introduction to neurological basis for human empathy.
- Stress is Killing Me! Time for Emotional Intelligence?*  (April 12, 2013): Excellent overview of the growing amount of stress in our world, how the brain responds to that stress, and how improving emotional intelligence can help us to reduce stress and improve job performance.
- For Better Social Skills, Scientists Recommend a Little Chekhov  (Oct. 3, 2013): A new study indicating that reading literary fiction, as opposed to popular fiction or serious nonfiction, people performed better on tests measuring empathy, social perception and emotional intelligence.
- Can You Really Improve Your Emotional Intelligence?  (Harvard Business Review, May 2013)
- Coaching and Emotional Intelligence Are Inseparable  (Oct. 2016)
EI in Business and Workplace
- Is Your Company “Soft” Enough?  (November, 2018)
- Impact of EI on the Job Performance of an Employee  (January, 2016)
- 19 Key Facets of EI in Leadership and the Workplace  (June, 2018)
- 5 Emotionally Intelligent HR Policies Your Work Culture Will Suffer Without  (June 29, 2018)
- Apple is Rated the Most Emotionally Intelligent Brand, Facebook the Least  (June 19, 2018)
- Woman Have This Advantage Over Men in Earning Higher Salaries  (Oct 26, 2017)
- 7 Reasons That Emotional Intelligence Is Quickly Becoming A Top Sought Job Skills  (Sep. 26, 2017)
- Uber’s New CEO Just Sent an Amazing Email to Employees–Major Lesson in EI  (Sep. 23, 2017)
- Why Most CEOs Lack Emotional Intelligence  (September 20, 2017)
- How Chipotle’s New Short Film Is Using EI to Woo Back Customers  (July 13, 2016)
- EQ Stories: Customer Service With Emotional Intelligence  (March 22,2016)
- EI and Negotiating Skills  (Harvard Business School, Aug. 7, 2015)
- Inside Google’s Insanely Popular EI Course 
- Best Practices for Including EI in Real Estate Professionals 
- IQ Doesn’t Predict Success (Huffington Post, Aug. 8, 2014)
- WSJ: Why Likeability Matters More at Work  (Mar. 25, 2014).
- Business Case for EI : Excellent overview of major studies on impact of EI in job performance, management effectiveness, sales, and bottom line profitability.
- Want to Work for a Startup? Improve Your Emotional Intelligence  (Oct. 31, 2013): Describes special EI training for employees of start ups.
- Skill Shortage Ahead as Industry Shifts to Soft Skills  (Oct. 9, 2013)
- Emotional Intelligence Becoming Most Coveted Skill in the Workplace  (July 12, 2013)
- You May Have to Show Emotional IQ to Get into Business School  (May 2, 2013)
- Harvard Business Review: Improving Emotional Intelligence*  (May 29, 2013): Concise description of EI, it’s beneficial impact in the workplace, and how to improve it.
- 7 Steps to Becoming and Emotionally Intelligent Leader  (Hult Ashridge Executive Education)
- When Emotions Are High, Intelligence is Low  (May 20, 2013): Describes the benefits of EI to service providers and small business owners.
- College Recruiter.Com: What’s Your E-IQ  (May 10, 2013): Explains why “recent surveys indicate that over 71 percent of employers value emotional intelligence over IQ.”
- Six Seconds: Leadership and EI* : Provides links to numerous articles documenting studies on beneficial impact of EI in the workplace.
- Supercharge Executive Coaching with Emotional Intelligence  (April 10, 2013): A report on how executive coaches can enhance leadership and managerial performance by teaching emotional intelligence.
- Why Do Employers Value Emotional Intelligence Over IQ  (April 16, 2013): A concise summary of the proven benefits of emotional intelligence and the impact they have on individual job performance and company profitability.
- Six Seconds: The Amadori Case  (April 3, 2013): a three-year study of AMADORI, a supplier of McDonald’s in Europe, assesses links between EI, individual performance, and organizational performance. EI was found to be the major predictor of management performance, organizational engagement, employee turnover, and bottom-line profitability.
EI in Leadership
- EQ: The Secret to Great Leadership  (April 1,2016)
- Your Leadership Style Reveals Your Emotional Intelligence  (March 19,2016)
- Five Ways to Measure the Emotional Intelligence of Your Boss  (Jan. 14, 2014)
- Eight Common Ego Traps that Hold Leaders Back  (Oct. 12, 2013)
EI for Pastors and Churches
- 3 Ways I’m Nurturing My Emotional Intelligence  (2018)
- The pastor and emotional intelligence, part 3 â€“ CareLeader  (2017)
- Your Relational Abilities Matter More Than Your Preaching  (2016)
- EI: The hidden ingredient in pastoral leadership â€“ Baptist News Global  (2013)
- Empathy Tames the Emotional Roller-Coaster of Pastoral Planning  (March 28, 2017)
- Your Relational Abilities Matter More than Your Preaching  (Dec. 2016)
- EI in Ministry: the Crux of the Matter  (Dec. 2010)
- Second Annual EQ Seminar at Mariner’s Church  (May 8,2016)
- Working at EI Will Carry You Home  (Sept. 14, 2014)
- The Relationship Between Emotional Intelligence and Pastor Leadership in Turnaround Churches  (Dec. 2011)
- Emotional Intelligence in Ministry (Dec. 17, 2007)
- Leadership Traits of Highly Effective UMC Pastors 
EI for Missionaries
Content coming soon
EI for Church Planters
Content coming soon
EI in Politics and Diplomacy
- Empathize with Your Political Foe  (New York Times, Jan. 21, 2018)
- Qualities That a President Needs  (Oct. 25, 2017)
- Emotional Intelligence in Politics—Becoming a Maverick  (July 24, 2017)
- Empathy, Respect for One Another Critical to Ease Political Polarization  (Jan. 20, 2017)
- Why The Pundits Are Wrong About Hillary Dominating The Debate  (Sept. 28, 2016)
- Trump’s Emotional Intelligence Deficit  (Sept. 7,2016)
- Lady Ashton’s High EI Credited for Breakthrough in Iran Nuclear talks  (Dec. 3, 2013)
- Emotions in Politics Make Us Rational  (March 19, 2012)
- Politics and Emotion: The Obama Phenomenon 
- Political Intelligence  (list of relevant articles)
- Universal Value of EI  (June, 2013)
- Emotional Intelligence and Politics 
- The Relationship Between EI and Political Skill 
- Obama Shows Emotional and Political Intelligence 
EI in Healthcare
- Emotional Intelligence in Physician Leaders  (Harvard Medical School, 2019)
- Emotional Intelligence, Essential for Doctors’ Success, Found to Decline During Medical School  (6 Seconds, 2019)
- 10 Reasons Why Physicians Need Emotional Intelligence  (Psychology Today, 2018)
- Building EI in Medical Trainees  (Sept. 19, 2016)
- EQ Depends on More Than Physician Behavior  (May 17,2016)
- Doctor’s EI Impacts Patient Satisfaction  (July 18, 2014)
- Vital Role of EI in Effective Healthcare ( March 6, 2014).
- EI: A New Requirement for Physicians  (Oct. 31, 2013): Physicians who understand patient-centeredness and caring behaviors can help hospitals to prevent medical errors, avoid litigation and reduce staff churn.
- Emotional Intelligence and Collaboration in Healthcare  (July 31, 2013)
- Leaders from 32 Countries Meet at Harvard Medical School to Shape Future  (July 26, 2013)
- How Emotional Intelligence Affects Hospitals’ Bottom Lines  (June 7, 2013): Recent studies on the value of EI in healthcare field, especially in doctor/patient relationships.
- Fostering EI in Medical Training  (AMA Journal of Ethics, June 7, 2013): Description of cutting edge program to teach EI to heathcare professionals.
- Becker’s Hospital Review: Developing Healthcare Workers’ Emotional Intelligence  (May 23, 2013). EI expert Harvey Deutschendorf, author of “The Other Kind of Smart,” explains the benefits of EI in the healthcare profession.
- EQ (Emotional Intelligence Quotient) or IQ (Intelligence Quotient): Which Best Identifies Success in Medicine (and in Business) Today?  (May 4, 2013): Explains why EQ should be considered as an essential qualification for practicing medicine.
- NexusEQ : Website for global conference on EQ at Harvard Medical School on June 24-26, 2013.
- EI Trumps IQ in Dental-Patient Relationships  (May 3, 2013): Research showing that emotional intelligence trumps IQ when it comes to how well a dental student can both recognize and manage the general emotional states of patients, as well as navigate their own professional relationships
EI in Education (including Social Emotional Learning)
- Schools Nationwide Push to Measure Student’s Emotional Skills  (February 29, 2016)
- Skills All Children Need for Future Success  (Sept. 13, 2016)
- Social Emotional Learning’ To Start In All Manchester Elementary Schools  (August 29, 2016)
- Teaching Men to Be Emotionally Honest  (April 4, 2016)
- ‘Turnaround for Children’ Uses Science to Build Social, Emotional Skills in At-Risk Students  (March 30, 2016)
- EI In Schools Helps Stem Behavior Issues In Students  (March 17, 2016)
- The Case for Social Emotional Learning  (articles and ebook)
- Students Should Develop EI as Early as Possible 
- The Relationship Between EI, Political Skill, and School Leadership 
- American Teens Are Stressed and Bored. It’s Time To Talk About Feelings  (Time, April 10, 2015)
- Should EI Be Taught in Schools?  (Nov. 6, 2013): Benefits and Pitfalls of Teaching EI in Schools
- Educators See the EI Reduces Bullying  (Nov. 20, 2013): Many new programs are coming on line to prevent school violence by teaching social/emotional skills to students
- The Growing Importance of EI in the Classroom  (Oct. 28, 2013)
- Three Day Retreat Teaches Taos High School Students to Understand and Manage their Emotions (Oct. 27, 2013)
- Schools Teaching SEL  (Sept. 23, 2013): Introduction to Social Emotional Learning in Schools
- Can Emotion Be Taught?  (Sept. 11, 2013): Detailed New York Times article on the benefits of teaching EI in schools
- Business Insider: Why Universities are Testing EI  (May 10,2013): Describes growing trend of business schools evaluating EI in incoming students and gives examples of EI tests.
EI in Marriage and Family
- Parenting Coach Tells How To Raise Kind Kids  (May 4, 2018)
- Boys Aren’t Learning How To Cope With Rejection, With Dangerous Consequences  (Oct 28, 2017)
- The Suppression of Boy’s Emotion Expression Is a Killer  (March 7, 2017)
- Take it like a Man: Raising Emotionally Intelligent Boys  (May 25,201)
- Mothers and Sons (May 6,2016)
- Thoughtful Parenting: Strengthen your child’s EQ  (April 24, 2016)
- How EI Can Strengthen Your Marriage  (March 31, 2016)
Workplace Impact of Family Conflict
- Improving Work Outcomes: The Value of Couple and Family Relationships 
- The Impact of Divorce on Employee Wellness 
- Relationship Breakdowns Have Negative Impact on Business Productivity 
- Is Divorce Impacting Your Work Performance 
EI for Millennials
- 12 Ways Millennials Can Increase Their Emotional Intelligence at Work  (Dec. 2017)
EI in the Military
- EI: Thoughts for Military Leaders  (2017, The Field Grade Leader)
- To Be Effective, The Corps’ New “Toxic Leadership Test” Will Have To Be Marine-Proof  (Dec. 2017)
- Emotional Intelligence, Leadership and Resilience  (2016)
- Emotional Intelligence and Self-Efficacy in Military Leaders  (2016)
- How Emotional Intelligence Can Make a Difference  (March 2011): How EI supports essential leadership attributes and competencies.
- Creating an Emotionally Intelligent Warrior  (2011, Washington Post)
- Emotional Intelligence and Army Leadership  (March, 2007): Details the implications of EI in military leadership.
- The 3 C’s of Leadership  (2008, Air Force Public Affairs)
EI for Lawyers
- Does Your Lawyer Have Emotional Intelligence?  (2020)
- Well-Being for Attorneys  (Law Practice Today, 2019)
- Why Lawyers Need to Be Taught More about Emotional Intelligence  (2019)
- Stress, Burnout, Vicarious Trauma, and Other Emotional Realities in the Lawyer/Client Relationship  (Touro Law Review, 2015)
- How Emotional Intelligence Makes You a Better Lawyer  (American Bar Association, 2017)
- Beyond Smart: Lawyering with Emotional Intelligence  (496 page book)
- What’s Your EQ? How Lawyers Can Use Emotional Intelligence  (Dec. 2017)
- How Emotional Intelligence Makes You a Better Lawyer  (Sep. 26, 2017)
- Emotional Intelligence of Female Trial Lawyers Can Work in Their Favor  (September 14, 2017)
- Mediation and Conflict Resolution Embraces Emotional Intelligence (August 11, 2016)
- The Importance of EI for Lawyers  (Dec. 20, 2016)
- University of Alabama School of Law offers CLE Program on EI  (Sept. 27, 2016)
- Why Young Bankers, Lawyers, and Consultants Need Emotional Intelligence  (Sept. 26, 2016)
- EI and Neuroscience: The Legal Profession Catches Up  (July 26, 2016)
- Future Lawyers Should Be Screened for Empathy  (Aug. 27, 2015, Huff Post)
- Three Important Questions About Lawyers, Emotional Intelligence, Professionalism and Continuing Legal Education  (Dec. 3, 2014, Psycholawlogy)
- EQ: What It Is and Why It Matters  (2015, American Bar Association)
- Emotional Intelligence in Litigation  (July 30, 2015, The Law Society Gazette)
- How to Harness EI to Ensure Success  (July 30, 2015, The Legal Intelligencer)
- Harnessing the Power of EQ at NYU  (March 17, 2014)
- EI: What Can Learned Lawyers Learn from the Less Learned? (Huron Legal)
- Emotional Intelligence and Incompetent Lawyers (Sept. 17, 2013)
- Firms Want Lawyers with Emotional Intelligence  (May 15, 2013): Reports that law firms are beginning to explore EI as they interview potential associates.
- Emotional Intelligence for Lawyers (Rhonda Muir)
- The Emotional Path to Success  (Harvard Magazine; Sept. 1998)
EI in Law Enforcement
- Emotional Intelligence and Law Enforcement: A Case for Change  (2018)
- Emotional Intelligence in Policing  (2018)
- Police Chief Finalists in Winston-Salem Selected  (July 26,2017)
- Emotional Intelligence in Policing  (2016)
- 5 EI Tactics FBI Agent uses to Negotiate  (June 5,2016)
- Police Candidates Tested for EI  (Aug. 8, 2014)
- Law Enforcement (July 4, 2013): Police “emotional intelligence” leads to job satisfaction
EI for Financial Planners
- Emotional Intelligence for Financial Planners  (2020)
EI and Firefighters
- Emotional Intelligence in the Heat of Wildfires  (2018)
- Why Fire Officers Need Emotional Intelligence  (2014)
- The Emotionally Intelligent Firefighter  (2007)
- Higher Education: Social Intelligence in the Fire Service  (2015)
- Heroes At Risk: An Overview of How Emotional Intelligence Can Reduce Death and Injury for Firefighters  (2013)
- Leadership, Emotional Intelligence and the Fire Service 
EI and First Responders
- Managing Law Enforcement Stress Through Emotional Intelligence  (2014)
- Emotional Intelligence in EMS: Self Awareness  (2014)
- 6 Ways to Manage Your Impulses in EMS  (2014)
- How To Deliver the Perfect EMS Apology  (2014)
- Ways EMTs Can Better Manage Stress  (2014)
- Emotional Intelligence in EMS Leaders  (2017)
EI in Construction Industry
- The Importance of Emotional Intelligence in the Construction Industry  (2018)
- How Construction Leaders Introduce Emotional Intelligence Skills to Their Teams  (2017)
- How Emotional Intelligence Can Transform Construction’s Hyper-Masculine Culture  (2019)
- Emotional Intelligence for Project Managers: Nice to Have or Necessity?  (undated)
- The Role of Emotional Intelligence in Managing Construction Projects  (2016)
- The Effects of EI on Project Manager Performance in Construction (Relevant But Exaggerated ) (2012)
EI in Athletics and Sports
- How Emotional Intelligence and Analytics Helped the Chicago Cubs Win the 2016 World Series  (Nov. 2016)
- The Job Interview Every NFL Player Must Go Through to Get Hired  (May, 2016)
- Improved Coaching through Emotional Intelligence 
- Mastering Emotional Intelligence in Sports  (June, 2016)
- Jeffrey Lurie has Positive Early Returns on Doug Pederson’s EI (June 1,2016)
- EI 101: Warriors Coach Steve Kerr Gives A Lesson In Using Anger  (March 22,2016)
- Emotional Intelligence is a Key Coaching Ability  (Aug. 22, 2013)
- Coaching Advice: Improve Performance With Emotional Intelligence  (April 29, 2013): Explains why teaching EI can improve both individual and team athletic performance.
- University of Maine Football Completes Ground-Breaking Team Leadership and Emotional Intelligence Training Program  (April 13, 2013): Describes the impact of evaluating the emotional intelligence on each member of a university football team and developing a personal, customized program for improving each player’s resiliency, perseverance, decisiveness, self-awareness, personal integrity, listening skills, and stress management.
EI in Jails and Prisons
- What Aspects of Emotional Intelligence Help Former Prisoners Make Decisions to Desist Crime?  (2017)
- The Relation Between Emotional Intelligence and Criminal Behavior  (2015)
- How Emotional Intelligence Benefits Corrections Officers  (2015)
- Emotional Health Support Program: A New Tool for Reducing Recidivism  (2015)
- Emotional Intelligence and Recidivism  (2012)
- Insight Prison Project Teaches Emotional Intelligence 
EI in Conflict Resolution
- Managing Emotions, Conflicts, and You  (September 15, 2017)
- Mediation and Conflict Resolution Embraces Emotional Intelligence  (August 11, 2016)
- Use EI to Resolve Conflict More Effectively  (July 27, 2013)
- CIOS Believe Emotional Intelligence Is Important For I.T. Staff  (Nov. 9, 2017)
- Empathy for Successful Relationships  (Nov. 6, 2017)
- A Missionary’s Call to the Psalms and a Deeper Emotional Intelligence  (August 16, 2017)
- Ghanaians Advised To Be Emotionally Resilient  (Ghana, May 29, 2017)
- The Right Moves: Soft Skills Now Vital in Sector  (Ireland, March 24, 2016)
- Before Apologizing, Consider the Culture (Nov. 22, 2016) 
- The Role of Counselors in the Workplace  (India, Aug. 6, 2015)
- EQ in Pakistan  (March, 2015)
- Qatar Airways Embraces EI Training  (March, 2015)
- China’s Secret Weapon for Smarter Leadership  (Jan. 8, 2015)
- China: Emotional Intelligence Isn’t Enough  (Jan. 12, 2015)
- Are You Emotionally Aware?  (Singapore, May, 2012)
- The Power of Relational Wisdom (Swaziland, Apr. 11, 2014)
- Police Candidates Tested for EI  (Pakistan, Aug. 8, 2014)
- What’s your EQ score?  (India, July 12, 2014)
- Cultural Intelligence in a Global Age  (July 7, 2014).
- Emotional Intelligence Key to Positive Change in South Africa  (May 7, 2014)
- Saudi Arabian Businesses Investing in EI  (Apr. 19, 2014)
- 1 Billion for Emotional Intelligence:  Are You In? (Dec. 4, 2013): SixSeconds, a leading EI networking organization, launches plan to teach EI to one billion people.
- What Is Emotional Intelligence?  (Canada, Dec. 4, 2013)
- EI Key to Business Success (Qatar, Nov. 13, 2013): Businesswomen need emotional intelligence to meet the challenges in their career.
- It’s High Time We All Acquired More Emotional Skills  (United Arab Emerates, Nov. 3, 2013): Recruitment industry experts agree that more effort should be made to improve young people’s social and communication skills.
- Canadian Managers Value EI in the Workplace but need Better Skill  (Canada, Oct. 18, 2012): Describes EI and areas where Canadian managers need to grow.
- Indian Leaders Are Short on EI  (India, Oct. 8, 2013): Indian business leaders are interested in how ‘leadership development’ can improve their business performance.
- Game Theory: Playing on Emotion  (Hindustan, Sept. 18, 2013): Leadership, sports, and emotional intelligence.
- Second African Summit on Emotional Intelligence  (South Africa, Sept. 5, 2013)
- Emotional Intelligence in the Workplace  (Australia, Aug. 30, 2013)
- EI: Will It Help You Succeed?  (Ireland, Aug. 26, 2013): Clips from Dan Goleman’s TED talk on emotional intelligence.
- Ways To Improve Your EQ  (Sri Lanka, Aug. 25, 2013)
- Promoting Social Emotional Learning (Nigeria, Aug. 18, 2013): Practical suggestions on how parents, teachers, and students can contribute to social emotional learning.
- How EI Can Determine Your Future  (Fiji, Aug. 8, 2013): Insights on how EI can impact business success as well as marital intimacy.
- Emotional Intelligence and Success in the Workplace  (India, July 29, 2013)
- Leaders from 32 Countries Meet at Harvard Medical School to Shape Future  (Global, July 26, 2013)
- Raising an Emotionally Independent Child  (Nepal, July 12, 2013)
- Pharmacy Students Learn about Emotional Intelligence  (Lebanon, July 3, 2013)
- Better EQ Helps Students Cope with Bullying and Peer Pressure  (Dubai, July 3, 2013)
- Wisely Navigating the Sea of Emotion  (New Zealand, June 12, 2013)
- China: Xi Jinping Commends Emotional Intelligence  (China, May 21, 2013): reports that China’s new national leader, President Xi Jinping, recently announced, “It’s not your educational background, integrity, experience, or people you know that matters. What it takes to be a good leader is ‘emotional intelligence.’”
- Asian Americans and Emotional Intelligence (Asian Week, July 28, 2010).
- Emotionally Intelligent Schools  (India, Mar. 9, 2016)
Negative Aspects of EI
- Be Empathetic–But in a Helpful Way That Doesn’t Make You Sick  (Nove. 14, 2017)
- If You’re Emotionally Intelligent, Beware of these Downsides (Oct. 10, 2017)
- Manipulated by Emotion  (Oct. 31,2016)
- 10 Ways Manipulators Use EI To Take Advantage of You  (Oct. 14,2016)
- The Hidden Dangers of Highly Emotional Intelligent Coworkers  (May 7,2016)
- Emotional Intelligence is Overrated  (Oct. 2, 2014)
- Don’t Believe the Hype Around Emotional Intelligence  (Sept. 14, 2014)
- The Dark Side of EI  (Jan. 2, 2014, Atlantic Monthly). A thoughtful analysis of potential problems with EI.
- Manipulators Are Adept at Reading and Manipulating Emotions of Others  (Nov. 1, 2013)
- Corporate Psychopaths Adept at Spotting Emotional Weaknesses in Others  (Aug. 5:2013)
Critiques of EI
- Second that Emotion  (July 13, 2013): Brief overview and critique of EI, plus description of a modified system
- Critical Thinking and Emotional Intelligence  (1996): A detailed critique of Goleman’s EI model.
- Controversies in Emotional Intelligence 
- Can You Really Improve Your Emotional Intelligence? 
- It’s Not All About EQ  (Forbes. March 11, 2016): Study Suggests A New Balance Between Emotions and Intellect.
- Emotional Intelligence of Female Trial Lawyers Can Work in Their Favo r (September 14, 2017)
- Why Men Need to Cry  (May 8,2016)
- Spiritual People Are More Emphatic  (March 26, 2016)
- Gender  (Dec. 3, 2013): Do women have higher emotional intelligence than men?
- Weight Loss  (Oct. 8, 2013): Discover the Intelligent Way to Lose Weight by Eating “Smart”
- Martial Arts  (Aug. 1, 2013): Research Finds Emotional Intelligence of Martial Artists Higher Than General Population