A few days ago, an exhausted nurse named Samantha requested a scholarship to our online training. Here’s what she wrote to me:
“I work in our COVID unit and I am having a difficult time dealing with the stress and burn out. I was sick from COVID for 7 weeks and was out of paid time off, so I’m struggling financially, along with lasting COVID symptoms that make work so difficult.”
Thanks to the support of people like you, we were able to give Samantha an immediate 100% scholarship to our online training, along with our prayers for God’s refreshing grace.
Such support also enabled us to give $218,000 in scholarships to 4,460 other nurses, pastors, teachers, military chaplains, police officers and stressed out parents this year.
I’m writing you today to ask you to continue supporting us in 2021 as we seek to bring God’s life-changing wisdom principles to an even wider circle of people, many of whom desperately need relational training during these trying times. For example:
- Thousands of churches are in turmoil and even dividing over COVID-related meeting and masking requirements. These requirements have also triggered some unbecoming debates between nationally recognized Christian leaders.
- Military chaplains have told us that the stress within military families went off the charts this year, often resulting in quarreling that leads to emotional or physical abuse, divorce and even suicide, which is up by 20% in the military this year (link).
- Divorce rates skyrocketed by 34% this year as couples have been stuck at home for weeks on end, sometimes struggling with the added financial stress of losing a job (link).
- The loss of jobs, lockdowns and closure of schools is also contributing to a 10-30% increase in domestic violence and abuse against women and children (link).
With your support, we can continue to develop and deliver educational resources, training and conciliation services that both Christians and non-Christians can use to counteract each of the destructive trends described above.
Here are five vital ministry efforts your support would enable us to pursue in 2021:
- Continue to provide hundreds of training scholarships, especially to healthcare workers, first responders, law enforcement and military personnel, missionary organizations and ministries that provide vital social services.
- Develop a new “Blessed Are the Peacemakers” course (live and online) that integrates the principles of relational wisdom and biblical peacemaking.
- Develop a new RW Skills Coaching course that equips church-based coaches to assist individuals to develop relational skills that can improve their marriages, parenting and workplace performance and help them “get upstream of conflict.”
- Develop a new Christian Conciliation Training and Certification Program to equip Christians to provide biblically grounded conflict coaching and mediation services in their churches and communities.
- Help churches to be more proactive in community engagement and evangelism by using our “values-based” resources to offer introductory training in hospitals, businesses, schools and other secular organizations that wish to upgrade their employee’s relational skills.
We are excited to move ahead with these projects. With God’s blessing and your continued prayers and financial support, we are committed to doing all we can to counteract the trends described on the previous page by bringing gospel-based relational resources and training to as many people as we can in the months ahead.
Since we lost all of our live training revenue this year and gave away over $200,000 of free training, our financial reserves are lower than they’ve been in years. Therefore, we need to receive $175,000 this month to move ahead on the ministry projects described above.
Your generous gift or pledge through this link will enable us to bring biblically grounded relational skills and the gospel itself into churches, military bases, schools, hospitals, businesses and state legislatures all across the country in the coming year.
Thank you for considering this request. Your gift could make a great difference!
PS – To see how your prayers and financial support can help us to help others, please take three minutes to read our 2020 Harvest Report, which includes incredible testimonies from people who benefitted from our free training this year.
Permission to distribute: Please feel free to download, print, or electronically share this message in its entirety for non-commercial purposes with as many people as you like.
© 2020 Ken Sande
Would you like to receive future posts like this? Subscribe now!