10 Ways to Connect Deeply at Thanksgiving
Would you like to move beyond superficial conversation during your Thanksgiving gathering this year?
Would you like to connect deeply with your family and friends and hear them share stories about the most meaningful people and events of their lives?
If so, give each of your guests a copy of these ten questions and watch your conversation go to depths it has never gone before.
Tell a story about a person God placed in your life …
- Who loved you in a way you’ll never forget.
- Who showed you amazing kindness or forgiveness.
- Who kept you from making a big mistake.
- Who changed the course of your life.
- Who reassured you when you were afraid.
- Who taught you an important lesson by example.
- Who has been especially loyal to you or others.
- Who is a remarkably good listener.
- Who inspired you by standing up for what is right.
- Who gave you courage to do something difficult.
To share these questions with your guests, print a pdf copy here or have them type “rw360.org/t17” into their smartphone browsers.
I pray that these questions trigger stories that allow you to know others more deeply and draw attention to the many ways that God blesses us through the people he brings into our loves.
~ Ken Sande
PS – To learn more about how drawing out people’s stories and dreams enhances your other-awareness and deepens your relationships, see What Is Their Story.
Permission to distribute: Please feel free to download, print, or electronically share this message in its entirety for non-commercial purposes with as many people as you like.
© 2017 Ken Sande
Would you like to receive future posts like this? Subscribe now