Discovering Relational Wisdom 2.0 is a live, one-day seminar for churches, ministries, schools and businesses. This CEU-approved training costs only $49 per person and includes dynamic teaching, demonstration videos, small group discussions and practical applications.
Students leave with a detailed study guide, a personal growth plan that includes practical ways to apply relational wisdom in daily life, and access to $150 of scholarships for further training.
The seminar is taught either by Ken Sande or one of our other Certified Relational Wisdom Instructors.
This plenary address was delivered to 700 church and ministry leaders in Europe in 2016. It describes how leaders can apply many of the key principles taught in our full Discovering Relational Wisdom seminar.
Interactive “ABC” Learning
Our interactive seminars include dynamic teaching, gripping demonstration videos, small group discussions, and practical applications to achieve the “ABCs” of effective learning:
- Affective learning – shaping emotions, values and motivations that inspire godly relationships
- Behavioral learning – shaping habits and character through personal application and practice
- Cognitive learning – increasing knowledge while shaping complex and flexible thinking skills
These three dynamics are built into all of our live seminars. They are further advanced by giving every seminar student a full scholarship to our online course, which enables them to “work the yeast of God’s Word into the dough of everyday life” through additional teaching and demonstration videos, interactive online discussions and practical life exercises.
In short, the live seminar is designed to provide an entire congregation with inspiration, vision and immediately applicable relational skills, while the online course is designed to help each individual work God’s relational principles more and more deeply into his or her life, as commended in 1 Timothy 4:15: “Practice these things, immerse yourselves in them, so that all may see your progress.”
One of the most exciting features of this seminar is its evangelistic potential. We teach practical relational skills in a way that makes non-Christians feel valued and welcomed, and we end the seminar with a winsome gospel message. This approach gives members of your congregation the opportunity to invite non-believing relatives, friends, and co-workers to an event that will not only teach valuable life skills but also, and more importantly, introduce them to the gospel of Christ.
Many churches continue this evangelistic momentum by sending trained RW instructors out into their communities to teach a “values-based” (secular) version of relational wisdom in businesses, schools, military bases and other secular settings, thus improving the relational dynamics of their communities and drawing people into their churches (see RW Pastor of the Year).
- A Detailed Description of the Training is provided below. You can also review a sample Seminar Study Guide and Movie Blog posts, which illustrate how we use movie clips to teach relational principles.
- The requirements for hosting a seminar are set forth in our Seminar Hosting Guidelines.
- Information on CEU approvals.
- To evaluate this training, see Host Endorsements and Application Testimonies. You may also email Jeff@rw360.org for contact information for several senior pastors who have hosted seminars and would be happy to describe how this training has impacted their leaders, staff and congregations.
- To attend a seminar near you, please visit our Seminar Calendar & Registration page.
- To invite us to present a seminar , please complete our Speaking Request Form.
- Once we’ve accepted in invitation, please complete the Event Information Form
- Life Is All About Relationship
- Lesson 1 – God Created Us for Relationship
- Lesson 2 – Soft Skills Trump Hard Skills
- Relationships Are Fueled by Emotions
- Lesson 3 – Emotions Were Designed by God
- Lesson 4- Emotions Can Hijack Our Brains and Bodies
- Relationships Are Inherently Three Dimensional
- Lesson 5 – You Are Designed to Relate to God, Self and Others
- Lesson 6 – Practice the SOG Plan
- Relational Wisdom Surpasses EQ/EI
- Lesson 7 – Emotional Intelligence Is a Form of Common Grace
- Lesson 8 – Relational Wisdom Involves Six Life-Enriching Skills
- The Gospel Transforms Relationships
- Lesson 9 – Relational Wisdom Is Inspired by the Gospel
- Lesson 10 – The Gospel Penetrates Barriers
- Follow a Trustworthy GPS
- Lesson 11 – One Guidance System Beats Them All
- Lesson 12 – Glorify God in Conflict
- Love Others as You Love Yourself
- Lesson 13 – READ Yourself Accurately
- Lesson 14 – SERVE Every Person You Meet
- Confession Brings Freedom
- Lesson 15 – Conflict Is Fueled by Unmet Desires
- Lesson 16 – The Seven A’s of Confession Tear Down Walls
- Blessed Are the Peacemakers
- Lesson 17 – Forgive as You’ve Been Forgiven
- Lesson 18 – Win-Win with Interest-Based Negotiation
- Your Relationships Reflect Your Identity in Christ
- Lesson 19 – Let Your Royal Titles Inspire Relational Growth
- Lesson 20 – Develop a Personal Growth Plan