A Peace Sower Team should include at least two cross-trained members. In a larger church, a team could include six or more members who focus on specific types of ministry, such as: (1) one person qualified to serve as an RW Shepherd; (2) two people qualified to serve as instructors; (3) one person to serve as a coach; and (3) two people qualified to serve as both coaches and conciliators. The cost to train this type of six-person team will be approximately $4,000. RW360 recommends that churches pay the $500 registration fee plus half of the individual training costs (a total of ~$2,250) while the individual team members pay half of their own training costs (~$1,750, an average of $290 per person).
These one-time costs can be more than covered by the financial savings produced by a Peace Sower Team, which can easily exceed $4,000 every year:
- As church members learn how to deal with relational tensions more effectively, they are less likely to leave their church because of conflict. Their continued fellowship not only preserves peace in the body but also maintains their financial support for the church, which averages $2,224 per year for a typical family in America.
- The members of a Peace Sower Team usually provide between 120 and 180 hours of volunteer ministry each year. If this service was instead provided by a paid pastor, the financial value of that many hours of work would be between $5,500 and $8,500 per year.
- By relieving pastors from many hours of stressful counseling or conflict resolution, Peace Sower Teams can reduce the likelihood that pastors will burn out or leave a church because of conflict. Preserving pastors in ministry not only spares their churches the trauma of losing a beloved shepherd but also guards the church from the financial costs of searching for, interviewing, and relocating a new pastor, which can easily exceed $83,000 (see Strike the Shepherd).
Ministries and businesses that establish Peace Sower Teams to serve their staffs can see many benefits as well, including improved job performance and career advancement, a more creative and productive work environment and higher profitability, resulting in a return of $1.50 to $6.85 for every dollar invested in this type of staff training (see Employers Reap a Double Benefit with RW Training).
The training required to establish a Peace Sower Team will be available 100% online. Even so, one of the best ways to sharpen a vision for a Peace Sower Team is to bring a group of potential team members to RW360’s annual Sowing Peace Conference where you can meet like-minded groups and receive inspirational training on how to launch and manage one of these life-changing teams.
The registration fee for a Peace Sower Team is $500 and the annual renewal fee is $250. Upon registration, you will receive these resources and benefits:
- You will receive a Peace Sower Team Manual that provides detailed guidance on recruiting, training and managing team members; accountability to church leadership; church-wide promotion and training; and community outreach.
- Your Team may select $600 worth of free training resources (any combination of a Discovering RW Group Study Set, a Relational Peacemaking Group Study Set and additional study guides).
- Your Team Leader will receive a priority response when using RW360’s Conciliator Hotline.
- Your Team Leader will be invited to participate in quarterly online Iron Sharpening Iron discussions of best practices for Peace Sower Teams.
- All recordings from RW360’s Annual Sowing Peace Conference will be available for free to all Team members.
- Your Team will be able to connect and collaborate with other Peace Sower Teams in your community and denomination.
For training information, see our Academic Catalog. To register your Team, go to RW Academy.
Click here for a downloadable PDF of the information on this page.