Discovering Relational Wisdom 3.0 is an interactive online course that both parents and children can use to develop relational skills that enable them to “get upstream of conflict” and enjoy a more a peaceful and productive family life.
This training has been promoted by many family and school oriented organizations, including Focus on the Family, the Association for Christian Schools International, Veritas Press, Classical Conversations and the Homeschool Legal Defense Association. Normally priced at $49/person, it is available to students at an automatic 50% discount (use coupon “student50“).
Relational wisdom (RW) is paradigm (practical systematic theology) for developing God-centered, biblically-grounded and gospel-driven relationships. Preparing Children for Life provides a comprehensive overview of the benefits of teaching relational wisdom to your children. As families develop these skills, they can experience seven major benefits:
- Reduce the tensions and conflict common to home schooling (see My Wife’s Punch List Was Driving Our Son Crazy)
- Develop the habit of engaging you children with the gospel rather than condemnation (see Penetrating Barriers)
- Diminish the guilt and regrets that result from losing patience and speaking harshly toward your children (see Four Ways to Defeat Hijacking).
- Avoid the grief of raising emotionally stunted boys
- Respond with compassion instead of judgment when your children make foolish choices (see Spanglish and The Compassionate Boxer)
- Prepare them to deal with the relational land mines of high school and transitioning to college (see Overcoming Artificial Maturity with Relational Wisdom)
- Develop empathy and thoughtfulness in your marriage (see Why Scare My Wife?)
- Teach your children relational skills that enable them to experience superior job interviews, work performance and career advancement.
Age of Students
Discovering Relational Wisdom 3.0 is an interactive online course that parents and children can take together. Although this course is rigorous enough to be used by adults in churches, seminaries, businesses and missions, the key principles and demonstration videos are simple enough for ten-year-olds to understand. Even so, we suggest that parents register themselves for the course and go through a couple of lessons to decide which of their children are mature enough to benefit from this training.
The most productive way to take the course if for each parent and child to register for the course so they can work through the videos, quizzes and web-based exercises themselves. Each person needs to register with his or her own email address.
Children who are too young to work through the course on their own can instead sit and observe with one of their parents or siblings as they work through the videos and application exercises.
For more information, email email@example.com or call 406-294-6806.